Frequently Asked Questions
What is Pittsburgh Mixology?
Pittsburgh Mixology is a mobile Mixology Class that allows every guest to receive a hands on experience crafting premium cocktails. Our Instructors will guide you through the history of the cocktail, as well as the steps needed to complete each beverage. This is a cooking class, but with booze! Let us show you how to cocktail!
What does each ticket include?
Each ticket includes a History of the spirits involved, 1 Master Mixologist, 1 Pittsburgh Mixology helper, All tools for up to 24 guests, Bar Tricks and Flair, Music, Travel Time, Set up and Tear Down, Hours worked at venue, All beverage pick up, Cocktail Recipe Cards, Raffles and Prizes, and One hell of a good time!
How long does the class last?
Typically each class runs around 3 hours. Smaller classes can be shortened to 2 hours, and classes over 24 are typically 4 hours. For classes over 24 guests, please see other questions below or contact us.
What are the spirits used in this class?
- At Pittsburgh Mixology we do not believe in divulging this information so that there are no bias' in determining whether or not someone will like this particular class. Cocktails are arranged from Bold, to Savory, to Sweet in that order.
Where are these classes held?
- Currently our classes are held at the venue of your choice (In-Home, Office, Fire Hall, etc...).
What if we need a space to have the class in?
- Depending on date and time we may be able to use a venue on the North Shore of Pittsburgh, but will be charged a venue rental fee in addition to the original package cost.
How many people do we need to hold a private class?
- Your group will need 10 participants minimum.
How are the packages scaled?
- 10 Minimum participants, 15 participants, and 20 participants.
What if we have more than 20 people for the class?
- You will need to use the contact us page to receive a custom quote.
We are a corporation and have more than 50 in attendance, are we still able to have one of these classes?
- Yes, the structuring of the class will be completely different. Pittsburgh Mixology will offer single drink sessions for 15 to 25 people at a time and run the sessions shorter to allow other guests to receive a chance at hand-crafting a cocktail.
If we book the class for 10, 15, or 20 private individuals and only half show up will we still be charged the full amount?
- Yes, the amount of labor and costs remain the same whether you have the full group or half.
I have additional questions that are not on here?
- Please visit our Contact Us Page and submit a question or call our Pittsburgh Mixology Hotline number located on our Home Page.